CSURF Welcomes Tamara Alexander-Johnson as Executive Director, Real Estate Services
Colorado State University Research Foundation (CSURF) is pleased to welcome Tamara Alexander-Johnson as our Executive Director, Real Estate Services, beginning November 1, 2021 In this capacity, she will oversee and work closely with CSURF’s project management and transactions team and alongside her counterpart, John Slack, Executive Director or Property Management.
Throughout her twenty-eight years of real estate experience, Tamara has led corporate real estate teams for Western Union, VF Corporation, and BBVA Bank. She has represented various owners and investors with their assets including Etkin Johnson RE Partners, Pacifica Holding Co., Archstone Communities Trust, and Western Property Development, and completed over $3.5 Billion in commercial real estate transactions locally, nationally, and globally.
Nick Christensen, Vice President of Real Estate for CSURF stated “Tamara brings to CSURF an extensive industry experience in office, industrial, retail, medical and mixed-use real estate development and transactions. She complements our current team of experienced professionals with her high-level experience in commercial real estate and will be a great asset to CSURF and the Colorado State University System that we serve.”
Tamara has been involved in various community and industry organizations and received recognition from her peers for her achievements including:
- Women of Influence Nominee: 2019 Trailblazer Award, 2021 Connector Award
- CoreNet Global, Colorado Chapter: Membership Chair 2021, Programs committee Co-Chair 2017 – 2020
- CREW Denver: Mentor committee program Chair 2015 – 2021, Past Chapter President 1995
- CREW Network: Industry Research Committee Chair 2016 – 2017, Educational Committee 2014 – 2015
- Augie’s Qwest- ALS fundraiser: Fundraising Committee Chair 2011-2016
- Rocky Mountain Youth clinic: National Charity League Liaison 2015 – 2017
A Colorado native, Tamara is a graduate of the University of Denver, enjoys golf, travelling, collecting fine wines, and is married with two grown children: a daughter who is a senior in college, and a son who is in the USAF. Please join us in extending a warm welcome to Tamara.